Turnpike Student Drop Off and Pick Up
We encourage families to utilize Lansingburgh's bus transportation provider (First Student) to ensure that students arrive at school on time. This will also reduce the amount of traffic in the Turnpike Parking Lot in the morning.
Arrival and Drop Off:
- Doors open at 8:25 AM. Students will NOT be allowed in the building before 8:25 AM as there is no supervision for them.
- Buses will begin to unload students at 8:25 AM.
- Any parent that chooses to bring their child to school will be required to park in the parking lot and walk their child to the front doors of Turnpike Elementary.
- Cars will NOT be allowed to pull up to the curb and drop their child off.
- Staff will NOT be unloading students from cars this school year.
- The front loop will be closed to cars during arrival, only small buses will be allowed to enter the front loop.
Parents will not be allowed to enter the building to bring their children to their classrooms. Please be assured that the halls of Turnpike are filled with adults that will help students find their way to their classrooms.
Dismissal and Pick Up
- EPK dismissal is at 1:30 PM.
- Parent pick-up for all other grades will begin at 2:40 PM. First & Second-grade students may be picked up from the main front doors of the building. Kindergarten & UPK pick-up locations will be shown to you by the classroom teacher at orientation.
- Bus students will begin being dismissed at 2:45 PM. Buses will be departing Turnpike Elementary prior to 3:00p.m each day.
Late Arrival/Early Dismissal:
The main doors will be closed at 8:30 AM. If your student arrives after 8:30 AM, they will need to be signed in at the main office by a parent/guardian. Should you need to pick your child up early from school, please call the main office prior to 1:30 PM or send a note in with your child. This will ensure that your child is ready for pick-up when you arrive.