ConnectED NY Offers Students Reliable Home Internet. Applications Due April 12.
March 24, 2021
Now more than ever it's important for our students to have reliable home internet access. For this reason, Lansingburgh is partnering with ConnectED NY to help qualifying district families with unreliable or no home internet get access to internet hotspots and data plans.
Lansingburgh families interested in the ConnectED NY program can apply directly through the district by sending their signed and completed applications to Lansingburgh's Director of School Community Partnerships, Joseph Otter. All applications are due back to Mr. Otter by Monday, April 12, so he has time to compile them for final submission.
How Lansingburgh Families Can Apply for ConnectED NY
- Preferred Method: Email the completed and signed application form to Mr. Otter (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can find the ConnectED NY application form here.
- If unable to send by email, you can mail your signed and completed application to:
Joe Otter, Director of School Community Partnerships
Lansingburgh Central School District
55 New Turnpike Road
Troy, NY 12182
Application Questions or Assistance
If you need assistance completing an application or have any questions/concerns about it, please contact Mr. Otter at email@example.com or 518-233-6857
Other Important Information About ConnectED NY
- Lansingburgh is only assisting ConnectED NY with sharing this information and collecting applications from district families. Final decisions about eligibility for the program and the awarding of hotspots/internet access will solely be made by ConnectED NY.
- No payments or financial information is required from you.
- A separate application must be completed for EACH student that would need a hotspot.
- Through AT&T, qualifying households will be offered unlimited data through June 2022. Internet service may be slowed if households exceed a high monthly data usage threshold (more than 50 GB).
- Mobile hotspots will be mailed to qualifying homes in May 2021. Or there will be an option to pick-up at a school district location if needed.