FREE College in HS Program for Incoming LHS Students, Info Night on April 12
April 8, 2021
Lansingburgh 8th Grade Families, your students are invited to participate in the P-Tech & Smart Scholars - Early College High School - a new NO COST high school program through Questar III BOCES program located at Hudson Valley Community College. The FREE 4-year program is ONLY for students entering 9th grade in Fall 2021.
It will prepare students over the course of high school for in-demand jobs in STEM, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Environmental Science and Health Sciences. The program is free but there are limited slots for students in Rensselaer County school districts and applications are due soon. Learn more about this free opportunity here.
Virtual Information Night on April 12
If this sounds like something your Lansingburgh 8th grade student would be interested in during their time at Lansingburgh High School, we strongly encourage you to attend the Virtual Information Night on Monday, April 12 from 6-7 PM. It will be hosted by Questar III and Hudson Valley Community College, use the link below to join on April 12 at 6 PM.
WHEN: Monday, April 12, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Join using Zoom by clicking here.
Important Things to Know When Considering P-Tech & SS - ECHS
- It's 4-year commitment and students will attend all classes at the HVCC Campus. They will earn a minimum of 24 College Credits at NO COST while completing NY State required coursework towards a Regents/Advanced Regents Diploma. Students will still be responsible for taking and passing Regents exams.
- There are Summer Enrichment requirements.
- Students will be provided transportation from Lansingburgh High School daily during the school year. As of now, we anticipate students returning to Lansingburgh at 2:50 PM daily for pick up or late bus.
- Students can still participate in Lansingburgh athletic, clubs and activities.
- Applicants will be interviewed and selected by Questar III.