Budget Vote & Board Election: Knightline Newsletter Now Online
Due to public health concerns as a result of COVID-19, Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Executive Order No. 202.26. modified the rules under which school districts are to conduct the annual meeting for the election of school board members and budget vote.
The 2020-2021 Lansingburgh Budget Vote takes place on June 9, 2020.
Qualified voters will vote by absentee ballot only. The school district will send out an absentee ballot to all qualified voters with a postage-paid return envelope.
Here you can find the 2020 Knightline Budget Newsletter and details about this year's modified budget voting procedures. To see the full details of the 2020-2021 Proposed Budget, visit our Budget page.
Community members with any questions about the 2020-2021 Proposed Budget Vote can email Budget@lansingburgh.org
2020-2021 Knightline Budget Newsletter
Below you can find the 2020 edition of the Lansingburgh Knightline Budget Newsletter. Eligible district voters will also soon receive the Knightline in the mail.
2020-2021 Budget Vote Details
- School board elections and budget votes originally scheduled for May 19, 2020, will now take place on June 9, 2020.
- The annual meeting for the election of school board members and budget votes will take place remotely. Viewing instructions will be forthcoming.
- Qualified voters will vote only by absentee ballot. The school district will send out an absentee ballot to all qualified voters with a postage-paid return envelope. If you are unsure if you are a registered voter of the Lansingburgh Central School District, please contact Christina Williams via email at
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 518-233-6850 x.34400
- Absentee ballots must be received (not postmarked) by June 9
- For those not currently registered to vote, a Voter Registration Day will be held at the District Office located at 55 New Turnpike Road, Troy, NY, on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, between the hours of 12:00 noon and 6:00 p.m. Please bring a photo ID and proof of residency.
- A Public Hearing detailing the 2020-2021 proposed school budget will be held virtually on June 1, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. Click here for online viewing instruction.
- View the 2020-2021 Budget Hearing Presentation (will be presented at the June 1 Hearing)
- A copy of the proposed school budget will be posted on the district website beginning May 26, 2020. Anyone requesting a hard copy is asked to contact Christina Williams via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 518-233-6850 x.34400.
2020 Board of Education Election
There are two (2) seats available on the Board of Education, each to a five (5) year term commencing on July 1, 2020, and expiring on June 30, 2025.
You can find more information here about the candidates - Michael Cusack and Daniella Richards - running for the two (2) seats opening on the Lansingburgh Board of Education. Each seat is for a five (5) year term commencing on July 1, 2020, and expiring on June 30, 2025.