Lansingburgh School Tax Information
- The information on this page reflects September and October tax collection only.
2021-2022 Lansingburgh School Tax Bills
All tax bills are mailed on September 1 of each year. The District collects payments through October 1, 2021, without penalty and continues to collect payments through October 30, 2021, with a 2% penalty. Any payments not received by October 30, 2021, are sent to the County for collection during the month of November with an additional 7% penalty. If the school tax and penalties are not paid to the county the bill and penalties are added to the taxpayers' January property tax bill.
The District is not authorized to collect any payments after October 30, 2021, and is not authorized to waive any penalties.
If you do not receive your tax bill by September 15, 2021, please e-mail Jane Luskin or call 518 233-6850 ext. 33408 for our Tax Office and request a new bill be mailed to you. The District is not in a position to be aware of an unreceived tax bill, therefore it is the responsibility of the taxpayer to request a new bill if one is not received.
Please remember that the school acts as the “collector” of the taxes. If you have a discrepancy on your bill that has to do with your assessment of property or exemptions, please contact your assessor’s office through your town or city hall. For unpaid taxes after October 30, 2021, please contact your collector.
- View the School Tax Bill & Receipt Lookup
- Can be used to search the last 4 years of bills & receipts
- 2021-2022 School Tax Information
Tax Bill Contact Numbers
- Rensselaer County: 518-270-2754
- City of Troy: 518-279-7126 or 518-279-7127
- Town of Brunswick: 518-279-3461, Option 4
- Town of Pittstown: 518-753-7419
- Town of Schaghticoke: 518-753-6915, ext. 103
STAR Credit Program for Homeowners
Register for STAR, STAR Property Tax Relief: 518-457-2036
Property Taxes and Assessments, Transfer Report/Sales Reporting: 518-591-5232
Property Tax Freeze Credit: 518-453-8146