May 2021 Middle and High School Library Newsletter
The May 2021 Middle School and High School Library Newsletter is now available online here. The May 2021 Library Newsletter includes more about:
- Sora Sweet Reads (Starting May 5)
- Teen Video Challenge Contest
- Public Library Summer Reading Program
- How to Get a Public Library Card
There is a new KMS/LHS Library Newsletter from Mrs. Maggiacomo every month, so check back in June!
Library Media Center Staff
Kathryn Maggiacomo, Middle School/High School Librarian
Phone: (518) 233-6811 ext. 1031380
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgLiz Jamison, Turnpike and Rensselaer Park Elementary LibrarianE-mail: email@example.com
Research and Teaching Tools
Lansingburgh Library Database Login Information (You will need your lansingburgh.org login to access this)
- eLibrary Elementary: Searches articles, videos, pictures, and sounds.
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Exploring Ancient Civilizations: Database dedicated to ancient civilizations from 6500 BC to 500 AD.
- Gale Databases: Searches hundreds of magazines, newspapers, and encyclopedias for articles.
- History Study Center: Collection of primary and secondary sources on Global History.
- Health Reference Center
- Gale In Context: Elementary: Modern, graphic database for young researchers.
- Newsbank: NewsBank provides a comprehensive collection of reliable news sources covering a wide array of topics and issues.
- Noodle Tools: Create, compile, and keep track of your MLA and APA citations. Students may share work digitally with their teachers.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context: Information and opinions on hundreds of today's controversial topics.
- Pebble Go: A research database in the areas of animals, science, biographies, and social studies. - only for Turnpike Elementary
- Pebble Go Next: Similar to above but for middle school students (grades 6-8)
- PowerKnowledge Science: Database dedicated to science for grades 6-12
- Rosen Interactive eBooks
- Scholastic Go: Research tool for grades 6-12
- SIRS Knowledge Source: Great research tool for controversial and current health and social topic
- World Book Online: Reasearch tool for grades 6-12
- BrainPop: Database of animated, curriculum-based videos integrated with quizzes and interactive activities.
- BrainPop Jr: Database of animated, curriculum-based videos integrated with quizzes and interactive activities.
- Explore Learning - Gizmos: Online library of interactive online simulations for math and science education in grades 3-12.
- IXL: Standards-aligned interactive Math and ELA practice for students.
- Mystery Science: Open-and-go lesson plans in science, aligned to NGSS.
- RazKids and Reading A-Z: Guided reading program with interactive ebooks, downloadable books, and reading quizzes.
- Splashmath: Interactive math practice for young learners.
- TumbleBook Library: Collection of fiction and non-fiction books in an animated, read-aloud format.