Turnpike Student Drop-off and Pick-Up Policy
View the Turnpike Elementary Pick-Up and Drop-Off Policy as a PDF or find it below.
- Turnpike Elementary doors open at 8:05 AM only for students who are eating breakfast
- All other drop-off students should arrive at school at 8:20 AM. Students not eating breakfast will be let in the building at that time and go to their staging areas (see below) with staff supervision
- Kindergarten (Gym)
- First Grade (Music Room)
- Second Grade (Multi-Purpose)
**If your child is not eating breakfast please do not drop them off until 8:20 am**
Please do not park your car in front of the building and exit the car to wait with your child.
- If picking up your Pre-K student from Turnpike, meet them at the Pre-K door at 2:40 pm
- If picking up your K-2 student from Turnpike, meet them at the front doors at 2:45 pm.
Early Pick-Up Procedure
In order to ensure your student is ready for early pickup, we ask you to send in a note to your child’s teacher in the morning or call the Turnpike Main Office (518-233-6822) before 1:30 pm.* You must have your state I.D. with you when picking up.
*If you have not made previous arrangements with the main office and arrive after 1:30 pm you will have to wait until dismissal to take your child home.