Turnpike Elementary Backpack Program
The Turnpike Elementary BackPack Program is designed to meet the needs of hungry children on weekends when school breakfasts and lunches aren’t available. The program provides bags filled with food that is child-friendly, nonperishable and easily-consumed.
Bags are packed each week by school staff and discreetly distributed to participating children every Friday afternoon.
Each bag includes:
- 2 breakfast items (cereal, oatmeal, graham crackers, etc.)
- 3 entrees (mac & cheese, PB & J, Spaghetti-Os, tuna, soup, etc.)
- Milk card for a gallon of milk (every other week)
- Egg card for a dozen eggs (every other week)
- Loaf of bread or non-perishable grain option
- Fruit (fresh whenever possible)
- Canned vegetables once a month
- 2 snacks (cookies, popcorn, pudding)
Donating to the Backpack Program
You can find the Turnpike Elementary Backpack Program donation form here or below.